Batch Flotation Tests
Batch flotation testing remains an industry-standard approach to flotation evaluation and can be used to address a number of different aspects, including:
- Determination of flotation kinetics
- Evaluating grinding effects on separation performance
- Troubleshooting operational issues (e.g. mineralogical variation)
- Investigating reagent type and addition rate
- Locked Cycle Testing for circuit simulation
Our approach to batch flotation testing is flexible and is dependent on the objectives and requirements of the test programme. We provide a high level of data analysis and interpretation that allows for complete evaluation of separation performance.
Our laboratory equipment includes Denver and Wemco flotation systems, with a range of cell sizes from 1.5 to 9 l. We have the flexibility to modify our flotation systems or to build new or non-standard laboratory flotation cells. We are additionally able to include novel measurements, including air recovery (a measure of froth stability), which enables a more comprehensive evaluation of batch flotation performance.