Project updates after a busy 6 months
It’s been a busy few months here at GSL; not only have we added to our comprehensive suite of mineral processing laboratory equipment, but our team has expanded and we have acquired additional space in which to keep growing.
New arrivals in the lab include our MagotteauxMill® and associated pulp chemistry monitoring equipment, a bottom-driven flotation cell and the ZEISS SteREO Discovery.V8 microscope with AxioVision software, which we can use to measure wear performance of ceramic media. We are very excited about the additional capability these additions bring to the extensive range of mineral processing services we offer.
Furthermore, in the last 6 months, we have seen a wide range of interesting and stimulating projects cross our path, including:
- Sulphide and oxide ore flotation
- Ceramic media wear testing using our standard silica feed and ore samples
- Metso Jarmill signature plot testing and production grinds (used for Vertimill applications)
- Kaolin refining
- Grind size optimisation (integrating quantitative mineralogical analysis with comminution and flotation testing)
- SMD signature plots and production grinds for a whole host of ores
- Ball mill Bond Work Index testing
This is in addition to providing standard particle size and sample analysis and, of course, our expertise in mineral processing. Long may it continue!